How do I arm my LYNX Plus system?
What is the difference between the different alarm modes?
How do I disarm the system or silence an alarm?
Can I used my smartphone to arm and disarm my system?
Will LYNX Plus give me any alerts?
How do I record a message?
How do I play and delete messages?
- Before you can arm the security system you must close all perimeter doors and windows and make sure the “Ready to Arm” message is displayed. Enter your four digital security code and select the desired key. The system will beep three times to confirm the arming and will display the armed status. After arming, leave the premises through an entry-exit door during the exit delay period and make sure the door is fully closed to avoid setting off the alarm.
- Stay – Enter your user code and Stay – this will arm the system when people are staying inside (or if you have pets moving around inside). It will arm the perimeter zones while leaving the interior zones disarmed. Your alarm system will go off when any unprotected window or non-entry/exit door is opened.
- Instant Stay – Enter your user code and Stay + No Delay – this mode is used when you’re staying inside and don’t expect anyone to use an entry/exit door. This is the same as Stay mode, except that the entry delay is OFF. An alarm will sound like it would in Stay mode and will activate when entry/exit doors are opened.
- Away – Enter user code and Away – this mode is used when the premises is vacant (including pets). It arms the entire system, including the interior and perimeter, and the alarm will sound if a protected window or any door is opened, or if any movement is detected.
- Quick Arming – Press Stay or Away for at least 2 seconds – If your home security system is programmed to do so, you can press the Quick Arm button in place of your security code when arming the system.
- The Off key is used to disarm the system, silence the alarm and trouble sounds, and clear the memory of alarm displays. Enter your four digit user code and select the Off key. If Quick Disarm is active, all you need to do is enter your user code.
- Yes, the LYNX Plus security system control pad can be armed or disarmed via your PC, laptop, smartphone, Blackberry, iPhone, iPad, Android or any other compatible handheld wireless device. You can also check the status of your system using one of these devices.
- Yes, the LYNX Plus will send you email notifications about important events such as:
- When your children get home from school
- When flood or extreme temperatures are detected
- When your safe/liquor cabinet/doors to restricted areas have been opened
- When a motion sensor is activated in a protected area indoors or outdoors
- If a protected valuable is moved, like a painting, flat screen TV, etc.
- LYNX Plus can record multiple or single messages that fit within the 85 second timeframe. To record a message, press Function and Record at the same time and then press Off to stop your recording. When the recording is complete, the keypad will beep two times and “Msg” is displayed.
- Press Function and Play at the same time and the system will automatically play and delete the recorded message. To delete all messages, press Function and Play and then press Function and Delete. This will enable the system to play and then delete all recorded message
For more informartion see the LYNX Plus User Guide